Here’s the place to learn the ins and outs of
extreme couponing. We want you to feel confident and comfortable when you go into the store to make those awesome deals!
First things first, you need to sign up for store rewards cards at drugstores, supermarkets, etc… After you get your cards be sure to register them online at their stores’ site. This will allow you to check your points, receive emails about members only sales, as well as special coupons just for you. Last but not least if you have a smart phone download store apps and link your online account to the app as well. Let’s break this down a little further:
Drugstore Reward Cards:
- CVS-Sign up for an Extra Care card at the store. While you are there, pick up a Green Bag Tag for $0.99 (earn 1 EB for every 4 times scanned -once a day limit). Register the card online at CVS.com (you will receive $4/$20 purchase) and sign up for the CVS Beauty Club (earn $5 ECB for every $50 in beauty purchases). Sign up for the mobile app to keep track of printed coupons, view the circular and you will have a mobile extra care card (for those days you left your card home in the other bag). Always remember to scan your card at the Magic Coupon Machine until it says “No coupons available, check back tomorrow”. Sometimes I get 3 scans which is great so each of my kids get a chance to scan! Print a copy of the CVS coupon policy
- Rite Aid-Sign up for a Rite Aid Wellness card in store, register your card online at riteaid.com. Sign up at riteaid.adperk.com to watch video values (mini commercials) in order to earn Rite Aid coupons for those products. Rite Aid also has a great rebate program; pick up the monthly rebate flyer in the store (can be submitted via mail or online). Print a copy of the Rite Aid coupon policy
- Walgreens-Walgreens as of now does not have a store card but they do have rewards called Register Rewards. Register Rewards can be stacked (used) with Walgreens coupons and manufacturers coupons but there is a limit of one each per item and your total number of combined coupons cannot exceed the number of items you are purchasing. Print a copy of Walgreens coupon policy
- CRT…computer register tape. This is the coupon that you get attached to your receipt or when you scan your loyalty (ExtraCare) card at CVS.
- Magic Coupon Machine…At CVS there is a red machine that can be used as a price checker AND when you scan your ExtraCare card, you get coupons! These can be used with manufacturer’s coupons to get products for free/cheap!
- YMMV….”Your mileage may vary.” This basically means that a deal that works for one person may not necessarily work for everyone.
- BOGO…Buy One, Get One
- Catalina/Cats..Bonus coupons that print out at the register.
- EB/ECB-Extra Bucks/Extra Care Bucks. CVS rewards program for using your ExtraCare Card when making qualifying purchases.
- UPs/UP Rewards…Rite Aid bonus received when you make qualifying purchases while using your loyalty card.
- RR/Register Rewards…Walgreens rewards are printed at the register after you make a qualifying purchase. Please note: These cannot be used to “roll” one transaction to the next on the same product.
- OOP…Out of Pocket. The amount you will pay after coupons but before Extra Bucks earned, Mail in Rebates, etc.
- SS..Smart Source Weekly coupon inserts as well as a website for printable coupons.
- RP..Red Plum Weekly coupon inserts as well as a website for printable coupons.